The LSU Healthcare Network in partnership with the LSU Health Sciences Center is offering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to everyone ages 12 ad older.
Please note that you will be required to present a valid ID or Driver’s License that verifies your identity. At this time, the vaccine is free and you are not required to provide proof of insurance.
SCHEDULING YOUR VACCINE APPOINTMENT:
Please follow the link to schedule your COVID-19 vaccine appointment. COVID-19 Vaccine Consent and Online Scheduling
LOCATION OF VACCINE:
Vaccines will be administered at 478 S. Johnson St, 3rd floor, New Orleans, LA 70112. This is the ONLY location where will be administering the vaccine.
TYPE OF VACCINE:
We will be administering the Pfizer-BioNTech (“Pfizer”) vaccine. This requires that you receive two (2) doses of the vaccine, 21 days apart. The Pfizer vaccine is recommended for people ages 12 years and older. If you schedule your first dose and receive it, you will be scheduled on-site for your second vaccine 3 weeks later.
THE DAY OF YOUR VACCINE:
- Please plan to arrive about 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment time and follow all health precautions at the site, including wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.
- If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms prior to your appointment, please cancel your appointment. You may call 504-412-1995 to cancel your appointment.
- You must bring a valid driver’s license.
- Remember to dress appropriately! The vaccine will be given in your upper arm. Please come prepared with loose fitting attire or clothing that will allow you to easily expose your upper arm to receive your COVID-19 vaccine injection.
- You may park at the following locations:
- Roman Street Garage (425 South Roman St, New Orleans, LA 70112) – $1 per hour
- Campus Multispecialty Patient Parking (478 S. Johnson St, New Orleans, LA 70112)
AFTER YOUR VACCINE:
Once you have received your vaccination, we will ask that you sit in the observation area for a minimum of 15 minutes to ensure you do not have any adverse reactions to the vaccine that will require medical attention. Those with a history of allergic reaction to prior vaccinations or injections will be observed for 30 minutes. After your first dose of the vaccine, you will receive a card detailing what vaccine you received. You will need to bring this card back when you return for your second dose (21 days later).
You will register for your follow-up appointment on-site while you wait in the observation area. Staff will be available onsite to answer any questions that you may have. Please make sure to use this time to register and schedule your second appointment.
BENEFITS OF THE COVID-19 VACCINE:
There are many benefits of Getting the COVID-19 vaccine, including:
- COVID-19 vaccination will help keep you from getting COVID-19;
- COVID-19 vaccination is a safer way to help build protection; and
- COVID-19 vaccination will be an important tool to help STOP the pandemic.
If you have any questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, please call 504-412-1995 or LSUHSCVaccines@lsuhsc.edu.