The LSU Healthcare Network in partnership with the LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans is offering the Pfizer-BioNTech (“Pfizer”) COVID-19 vaccine to everyone ages 12 and older. Vaccine Information Fact Sheet
We strongly recommend that you make an appointment prior to arriving to the vaccine clinic. Clinic hours may vary from week to week and depending on clinic volume, we may be unable to accommodate any walk-ins. First dose, second dose, and third/booster doses can be scheduled by calling Campus Health at 504-412-1995. The vaccine is free to everyone and health insurance is not required. Our vaccine clinic is open to everyone and is not limited to our campus community.
SCHEDULING YOUR VACCINE APPOINTMENT:
Please call Campus Health, 504-412-1995, to make an appointment.
LOCATION OF VACCINE:
Vaccines will be administered on the 3rd floor of the Campus Multispecialty Building–located at 478 S Johnson St, New Orleans, LA 70112. This is the ONLY location where will be administering the vaccine.
TYPE OF VACCINE:
We ONLY administer the Pfizer vaccine. This requires that you receive two (2) doses of the vaccine, 21 days apart. The Pfizer vaccine is recommended for people ages 12 years and older. If you schedule your first dose and receive it, you will be scheduled on-site for your second vaccine 3 weeks later. Moderately to severely immunocompromised individuals may receive an additional dose at least 28 days after their second dose.
Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose, although LSU Health administers only the Pfizer vaccine. Some people may have a preference for the vaccine type that they originally received, and others may prefer to get a different booster. CDC’s recommendations now allow for this type of mix-and-match dosing for booster shots. So if you are eligible for a booster, you may get a Pfizer booster regardless of the type of vaccine you originally received.
On the date of your appointment –
- Please plan to arrive about 5 minutes prior to your appointment time and follow all health precautions at the site, including wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.
- If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms prior to your appointment, please cancel your appointment.
- You must bring a valid driver’s license and your CDC vaccination card if you are coming for your second dose or booster dose. If you need a replacement CDC card, we will do our best to accommodate on the date of your appointment but you may need to return at a later date to receive a new card depending on volume.
- A consent form must be filled out prior to receiving any dose of the vaccine. Please print your completed consent form and bring with you to expedite the registration process. Consent
- Remember to dress appropriately! The vaccine will be given in your upper arm. Please come prepared with loose fitting attire or clothing that will allow you to easily expose your upper arm to receive your COVID-19 vaccine injection.
- You may park at the following locations: Roman Street Garage (425 South Roman St, New Orleans, LA 70112) – $1 per hour or Campus Multispecialty Patient Parking (478 S. Johnson St, New Orleans, LA 70112)
AFTER YOUR VACCINE:
Once you have received your vaccination, we will ask that you sit in the observation area for a minimum of 15 minutes to ensure you do not have any adverse reactions to the vaccine that will require medical attention. Those with a history of allergic reaction to prior vaccinations or injections will be observed for 30 minutes.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, please call 504-412-1995 or LSUHSCVaccines@lsuhsc.edu.