Under the guidance of the CDC and the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH), the LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans, in partnership with the LSU Healthcare Network, will be administering booster doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccination on campus. The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Bivalent Booster Vaccine has not been approved or licensed by the FDA, but has been authorized for emergency use by the FDA for individuals 12 years of age and older. You are eligible for this vaccine if it has been at least 2 months since you have completed the primary vaccination series or received a booster dose.
Vaccine Information Fact Sheet
SCHEDULING YOUR VACCINE APPOINTMENT:
Click on the link to schedule your appointment.
LOCATION OF VACCINE:
Vaccines will be administered on the 3rd floor of the Campus Multispecialty Building–located at 478 S Johnson St, New Orleans, LA 70112. This is the ONLY location where will be administering the vaccine.
TYPE OF VACCINE:
We ONLY administer the Pfizer vaccine.
On the date of your appointment –
- Please plan to arrive about 5 minutes prior to your appointment time and follow all health precautions at the site, including wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.
- If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms prior to your appointment, please cancel your appointment.
- You must bring a valid driver’s license and your CDC vaccination card if you are coming for your second dose or booster dose. If you need a replacement CDC card, we will do our best to accommodate on the date of your appointment but you may need to return at a later date to receive a new card depending on volume.
- A consent form must be filled out prior to receiving any dose of the vaccine. Please print your completed consent form and bring with you to expedite the registration process. COVID-19 Vaccine Consent
- Remember to dress appropriately! The vaccine will be given in your upper arm. Please come prepared with loose fitting attire or clothing that will allow you to easily expose your upper arm to receive your COVID-19 vaccine injection.
- You may park at the following locations: Roman Street Garage (425 South Roman St, New Orleans, LA 70112) – $1 per hour or Campus Multispecialty Patient Parking (478 S. Johnson St, New Orleans, LA 70112)
AFTER YOUR VACCINE:
Once you have received your vaccination, we will ask that you sit in the observation area for a minimum of 15 minutes to ensure you do not have any adverse reactions to the vaccine that will require medical attention. Those with a history of allergic reaction to prior vaccinations or injections will be observed for 30 minutes.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, please call 504-412-1995 or LSUHSCVaccines@lsuhsc.edu.