The LSU Health New Orleans School of Nursing and the LSU Healthcare Network are teaming up again this year to offer flu shots to all faculty, staff, and students.
The CDC recommends everyone 6 months and older get vaccinated every flu season. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for your body to develop an immune response. In the United States, influenza season usually begins in October. Vaccination is especially important for people at higher risk of severe influenza and their close contacts, including health care personnel and close contacts of children younger than six months. For more information on the influenza (flu) vaccine, click here to read the Vaccine Information Sheet (VIS).
Appointments are required. Walk-ins are not allowed. Link to schedule an appointment is listed further down on this page.
WHEN? 8am – 4pm on the following days:
- Thursday, October 19
- Wednesday, October 25
- Thursday, October 26
- Thursday, November 2
1st Floor of the Center for Advanced Learning and Simulations (CALS Building) – 2021 Perdido Street – ROOM 1024 – New Orleans. LA 70112. Entrance on South Prieur Street, midway between Perdido and Gravier Streets.
WHAT TO BRING?
- A valid driver’s license and your LSUHSC ID
- Health insurance card
- Completed consent form (linked here)
*Appointment will be cancelled without required documentation
HOW TO SCHEDULE?
- All appointments must be scheduled online using the LSU Healthcare Network/LCMC scheduling portal in the link below and you must pre-register prior to your arrival.
- With insurance, there should be no out-of-pocket cost. The flu shot is covered 100% by almost all insurance plans. Without insurance, there will be a $20 charge for those under age 65 (regular dose) and a $60 charge for those older than 65 (high dose), payable by credit card only.
FAILURE TO ACCURATELY ENTER OR UPDATE YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE INFORMATION WILL CAUSE DELAYS IN YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT TIME, AS ALL INSURANCE MUST BE VERIFIED.
- PATIENTS REGISTERING WITHOUT AN LCMC/LSUHN PATIENT PORTAL
- Click “Continue as a Guest” and enter all requested information
- Insurance information MUST be entered when prompted. Do not schedule without entering insurance.
- PATIENTS REGISTERED WITH AN LCMC/LSUHN PATIENT PORTAL
- You will not be prompted to update any of your health information while registering
- You MUST confirm that your insurance information is correct in your portal. It is possible you have a portal account with no insurance information entered so please check. Click here for instructions on how to confirm your insurance in the patient portal.
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT: https://www.lsuhn.com/fluvaxscheduling/
WHO TO CONTACT?
- If you have any clinical questions regarding the flu vaccine, please call LSU Healthcare Network Comprehensive Medicine clinic at 504-412-1366 or you can email email@example.com.
- If you are having issues with scheduling the appointment or updating your insurance, please refer to these instructions.