The LSU Health New Orleans School of Nursing and the LSU Healthcare Network are teaming up again this year to offer flu shots to all faculty, staff, and students.
The CDC recommends everyone 6 months and older get vaccinated every flu season. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for your body to develop an immune response. In the United States, influenza season usually begins in October. Vaccination is especially important for people at higher risk of severe influenza and their close contacts, including health care personnel and close contacts of children younger than six months. For more information on the influenza (flu) vaccine, please see the Vaccine Information Statement (VIS).
Appointments are required. Walk-ins are not allowed. Masks are required.
8am – 4pm on the following days:
• Thursday, September 15th
• Friday, September 16th
• Wednesday, September 21st
• Thursday September 22nd
• 3rd floor of the Seton building/LSU Healthcare Network Campus Multispecialty Clinic – 478 S. Johnson Street, New Orleans. LA 70112.
WHAT TO BRING?
1. A valid driver’s license and your LSUHSC ID
2. Health insurance card
3. Completed consent form (Download form)
*Appointment will be cancelled without required documentation
HOW TO SCHEDULE?
• In partnership with LCMC Health, the LSU Healthcare Network recently converted to the EPIC medical record system throughout all clinics.
• All appointments must be scheduled online using the link below and you must pre-register prior to your arrival.
• With insurance, there should be no out-of-pocket cost. The flu shot is covered 100% by almost all insurance plans. Without insurance, there will be a $25 charge for those under age 65 (regular dose) and a $60 charge for those older than 65 (high dose), payable by credit card only.
FAILURE TO ACCURATELY ENTER OR UPDATE YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE INFORMATION WILL CAUSE DELAYS IN YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT TIME, AS ALL INSURANCE MUST BE VERIFIED.
**Please see linked instructions for more details regarding the two scheduling options below
1. PATIENTS REGISTERING WITHOUT AN LCMC/LSUHN PATIENT PORTAL (Download instructions)
1. Click “Continue as a Guest” and enter all requested information
2. Insurance information MUST be entered when prompted. Do not schedule without entering insurance.
2. PATIENTS REGISTERED WITH AN LCMC/LSUHN PATIENT PORTAL
1. You will not be prompted to update any of your health information while registering
2. You MUST confirm that your insurance information is correct in your portal. It is possible you have a portal account with no insurance information entered so please check. Instructions on how to add your insurance information is included in the section above for “registering without an LCMC/LSUHN patient portal.”
To make an appointment: https://www.lsuhn.com/flu/
WHO TO CONTACT?
• If you have any questions regarding the flu vaccine, please call the Campus Health Clinic at 504-412-1995 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you need to cancel your appointment, call 504-412-1995.