Diagnostic and Surgery Scheduler - OB/GYN
Location: New Orleans , LA
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Prepares charts and other medical records (labs, prior procedure notes or imaging studies) for clinic in accordance to LSUHN policies and procedures.
- Assist scheduling department with scheduling patient appointments with the appropriate practitioner.
- Adheres to LSUHN telephone policies.
- Perform surgery and diagnostic procedure scheduling as required by physician orders, to include registering the patient and procedures with the appropriate hospital scheduling department.
- Ensure that all required consents are completed and coordinate cases requiring multiple physicians.
- Coordinate pre-admission testing and surgical clearance (pre-op) appointments.
- Obtain authorization for hospital admission and surgery from patient’s insurance carrier.
- Update physician surgery schedules and Electronic Health Record with surgery details.
- Ensure that any specialized equipment or staff is scheduled to be present at the procedure.
- Participates fully in patient education to improve clinical outcomes.
- Courteously and professional greet and communicate with patients, providers and LSUHN staff at all times.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performs all duties assigned by a Supervisor
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a general educational background equivalent to a high school diploma or GED. <span “=”” black”=””>
- At least 3 years of experience working in a medical administrative capacity required. <span “=”” black”=””>
- At least 1 year of scheduling experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheets, Windows, databases, graphs and the ability to write reports and correspondence by using proficient grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Able to speak effectively before patients or employees of the organization.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility personnel, patients, and the public.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision-making in meeting department and institutional objectives.
- Ability to analyze data, perform multiple tasks and work independently and efficiently in a matrix reporting role.
- Superior customer service and communication skills are key to this role.
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move 25-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.