Please select a time below to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
You are required to fill out the consent prior to receiving the vaccine. Please bring the completed consent with you to your appointment.
LOCATION OF VACCINE:
Vaccines will be administered at 478 S. Johnson St, 3rd floor (Seaton Building), New Orleans, LA 70112
TYPE OF VACCINE:
We will be administering the Pfizer-BioNTech (“Pfizer”) vaccine. This requires that you receive two (2) doses of the vaccine, 21 days apart. The Pfizer vaccine is recommended for people ages 12 years and older.
THE DAY OF YOUR VACCINE:
- Please plan to arrive about 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment time and follow all health precautions at the site, including wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.
- If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms prior to your appointment, please cancel your appointment.
- You must also bring a valid driver’s license, your LSUHSC ID badge, and a completed consent form (attached). You must have your driver’s license and LSU ID in order to be vaccinated.
- Remember to dress appropriately! The vaccine will be given in your upper arm. Please come prepared with loose fitting attire or clothing that will allow you to easily expose your upper arm to receive your COVID-19 vaccine injection.
- Please remember to print your completed consent form and bring with you. We are required to have this copy, and it will expedite your vaccination by not needing to complete it again upon arrival.
AFTER YOUR VACCINE:
Once you have received your vaccination, we will ask that you sit in the observation area for a minimum of 15 minutes to ensure you do not have any adverse reactions to the vaccine that will require medical attention. Those with a history of allergic reaction to prior vaccinations or injections will be observed for 30 minutes. After your first dose of the vaccine, you will receive a card detailing what vaccine you received. You will need to bring this card back when you return for your second dose (21 days later).
You will register for your follow-up appointment on-site while you wait in the observation area. Staff will be available onsite to answer any questions that you may have. Please make sure to use this time to register and schedule your second appointment.
BENEFITS OF THE COVID-19 VACCINE:
There are many benefits of Getting the COVID-19 vaccine, including:
- COVID-19 vaccination will help keep you from getting COVID-19;
- COVID-19 vaccination is a safer way to help build protection; and
- COVID-19 vaccination will be an important tool to help STOP the pandemic.
If you have any questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, please call our Campus Health Clinic at 504-412-1995 or LSUHSCVaccines@lsuhsc.edu.